PEAK6 is seeking a Director of Development to oversee our engineering team. PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As the Director of Development, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing and/or building complex trading applications, preferably using Java and related technologies, and have experience in the financial services technology space.
- Ramping up quickly on our business and understand its needs in order to correctly prioritize and direct all development efforts
- Knowing the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the team in order to efficiently and succesfully execute all the development projects.
- Coaching and growing the development and management skills on the team, and recognize and hire great talent.
- Motivating the team to success and help make a fun and rewarding place to work.
- Creatively approaching lifecycle management so that the development process is constantly improving in order to match the needs of the business.
- Getting things done. Quickly catch issues in development and know who to connect to keep things running efficiently and moving in the right direction.
- 7+ years hands on management experience working with large teams
- 10 + years of hands-on development
- Client / Server development skills
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Fluent in the technical space and is able to judge results and set clear expectations
- Asks good questions and can help push the development team in the right direction
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
As an PEAK6 Executive Assistant/Project Manager you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program